Wednesday, November 2, 2016

New books

I got a few new books through Amazon last week.  I love books relating to my crafts!  I prefer hardcover books, they hold up better through the years.

So, here's the first book.  Homestead Kitchen
We have enjoyed watching Alaska the Last Frontier for years.  This family brings homesteading to TV in a great way.  They are hardworking.  They have strong family values. They are resourceful.

This new book by Eve and Eivin has lots of great recipes and lots of other useful information.  Great pictures. I'm sure this book is going to be in use in my kitchen for years to come.

As I mentioned the other day, I've been interested in applique quilting for years now.  Recycling wool clothing, felting sweaters from the thrift store, making toys or Christmas ornaments, these all interest me.  I saw these 3 books on Amazon and got a great deal on them,

First is Wool Applique Folk Art

Rebekah L. Smith is a real artist!  Her color pallet is very soothing.  The book is full of great pictures & paper patterns for every project.  The step-by-step instructions are very clear.  Even the novice quilter could use this book to start a project and finish it with excellent results. This is an excellent book.

Gorgeous Wool Applique
This book by Deborah Gale Tirico is wonderful!  Appealing projects, excellent instructions and pattern pieces to help you make these heirloom articles for your home.  This is another book that both the novice, and the long-time quilter can use to get great results.

Summertime Sampler


Erica Kaprow's patterns will help you produce brightly colored primitive quilts.  This isn't a book, per se. The pattern pieces are provided, along with step by step instructions.  I really like the bright colors Erica uses.  Happy, sunny.... They made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment