Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Baking...

My husband, John, tried to convince me he didn't really like sweets.... Really, Mr. Little Debbie's addict?

John also loves my home baking.  He likes Makes It's Own Crust peach cake/pie... a great old "dump cake" recipe.
Crazy Crust Peach Cobbler

He also likes baked custard.  I have written several posts about making custard before.... Check the links.

Baked custard

And cheese cake.

Italian cream cheese and ricotta cheesecake



And Carrot cake.  OK, I admit I use a mix for carrot cake.

Dunkin Hines carrot cake mix

But his favorite is old fashioned, home made fruit cake.  I'm not talking that hard, dry, nasty stuff you can buy at this time of year.  I'm talking wonderful, fruity goodness.  Here's the recipe I use.  Try it yourself.  It's great!

Old fashioned fruit cake


I used to bake cookies, nut log, cheese danish.  But we don't travel to Georgia anymore, so I don't do all that baking for the family gift exchange. John, Joshua and I can't eat all those sweets.  So today, fruit cake is the mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment