Saturday, March 2, 2013

Trips to town & other miscellaneous stuff







Yesterday, our friends Michelle and Jerry came for a visit.  They're a nice, young couple who live about an hour away in Bono, AR.  We met Michelle about 5 years ago when we were doing a spinning demonstration.  She came up and asked John if she could try spinning on his wheel.  We've been great friends ever since.  Michelle met Jerry at her workplace.  They started dating, fell in love and got married.  We don't get to see them as often as we'd like, but they come and visit when they can.

Jerry and Michelle Friend at a reenactment



The five of us visited for awhile and then Michelle and I made a trip to town.  First we visited Sugar Creek Goods, owned by my friend Vicki Husk-Mann, and spent two hours at the knitting circle.  That was a lot of fun.  Unfortunately, Vicki was under the weather.  Hope you're feeling better today, Vicki.

Vicki Huskey-Mann

 Sugar Creek Goods Facebook page








After knitting, we headed to the bank and post office in Hardy.  Hardy is a great little town.  It's kinda dead in the winter time, but come the warm weather it's a hopping place!

 Hardy city demographics and more data




Main Street Hardy


Then we decided to grab a bite to eat.

So, we stopped in at Words Afterwords.

Words Afterwords

 


That's a really great place to eat lunch, find a good book to read or listen to live music.

I was at a seed swap there earlier this year.  That was alot of fun.



But I digress!  So, who did we see at Words?  Why my good friends, Karna and Erika.  What a wonderful surprise!
 

Karna McFadden






Erika Schindler


We had a great lunch.   Here's the link to Erika's blog.  Erika's Craft Corner

Michelle and I then headed home to see what our men were up to.  Jerry had also headed to town to run some errands.  And we beat him back.  John and Josh were puttering around, waiting for the mail to come.

They made their daily trip to the mailbox (taking the farm truck), one of their favorite daily activities.

The farm truck


Peanut and I headed out to make sure all the birds were fine.  And all was.

We got some checks in the mail, so Michelle and I headed back to town to make the deposits.  While we were there, we decided to stop at one of my favorite little clothing stores.




Jade's

We looked around a bit.  Earlier in the week, I had seen a cute little dress on their Facebook page.  And I found it.




A cute little cream and brown dress I wanted to try on


It turns out they had one in my size, so it came home with me!  I'm not usually a "shopper",  but I do like finding a bargain.

Some of my other favorite stores in Hardy included the following:

Ozark Classic Craft Mall
 


Hardy Pottery





 


So, if you happen to be in Sharp County Arkansas; check out our little town.  Have some food, go shopping and enjoy yourself.











4 comments:

  1. Yes it was very nice to run into you during lunch. Enjoyed it very much. Wish we could do it more often. Also enjoy browsing around Hardy.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed our surprise lunch out together also. :-)

      Delete
  2. How funny, I've just been to your blog Erika and then came to Penny's and thought I recognised the shops! Erika when I came onto your blog the first thing I shouted out was 'WOW' what a great place you live in. That is exactly the sort of place I would love (but you don't get many like that in the UK, it would become damp very quickly. I'd love to hear more of your trips and updates. Take care. Chel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Chel C,
      Nice to meet you. Hardy is a special town. We're really glad we found our way here.

      Enjoy the blog.

      Delete