Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Windy nights and hurting elbows

It was very windy and rainy last night.  Another wind chime got broken!  Darn it!  And the rocking chair on the front porch got blown off!  That has NEVER happened before.  Good grief!
A windy night, for sure!

My elbow has really been bothering me.  I've been trying to finish this sweater for about 2 weeks.  But I can only knit for an hour or so at a time.  Then my hand goes numb.  Typing doesn't help at all!  Even scrolling down the page to look at Pinterest or Facebook is getting painful...  So I guess I need to make that call and get on with getting the repairs done.

Anyway... I finished a sweater I started back in October.  It got put aside for Christmas knitting.  So, it's been going slowly.  But now it's finished.



It's made with yarn from Knit Pics, called Wool of the Andes.  The color is Queen Anne.  I love anything in the peach/melon/orchid hues. 

I wanted to have some ruffles, so I added a crochet lace edge.  I'm very happy with the way it came out.





I found a nice pewter pin to use for closure.  I didn't want any buttons.

See that darn elbow brace peeking out?  I guess it helps, if only to remind me not to be stupid.

But I'm a slow learner.  It takes me a long time to admit I need to change what I'm doing.  I guess pain and a numb hand are the price I have to pay for being so stubborn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment