Saturday, February 9, 2013

Soup for a cold day

When I got up this morning, it was 31 degrees.  I have to go teach a spinning class this afternoon... so I started thinking about what I wanted to cook for our main meal today.

Let's see, what's in the freezer?

Frozen ground turkey      


And we had this too...

Frozen broccoli, peppers and corn

I also had some dried procini mushrooms...  Yummy.

So, here my "top of my head" recipe for today's soup.

Turkey tomato bisque

1 pound frozen ground turkey
1 pound frozen broccoli, corn and peppers
1 8oz container of sour cream
1 2oz container of dried procini mushrooms
2 8 oz cans petitte tomatoes with garlic and olive oil
basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, salt and black pepper to taste

I browned the turkey in a dutch oven.  Meanwhile, I soaked the dried mushrooms in warm water.  Once the turkey was completely cooked, I added all the remaining ingredients except the sour cream.  I brought all this to a boil.  Once it had boiled, I lower the temperature to a simmer and added the sour cream.

Of course, I had to have a small bowl to make sure it was seasoned correctly.  It was.

It was served with garlic bread.  And we had a happy lunch!


2 comments:

  1. Yummy, yummy. Just thinking about that makes me hungry.

    Have fun at your spinning party. There are some lucky ladies out there going to learn today.

    Hugs, Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erika.

      I hope you had a good day too. I'd love to see you again soon...

      Delete