Monday, January 9, 2017

Cold weather and crocheting.

It's been very cold here the past few days.  The high on Saturday, January 7, was 23F.  The low was 6F.

My chickens have been weathering the cold fairly well.  Freezing water seemed to be the biggest issue.  Everyone but Ginger has finished molting and gotten all their feathers back.  Ginger's back is still bare.  She seems to receive a lot of grief from the other girls,  I'm thinking about moving Sissy back in the large enclosure and giving Ginger some space of her own.  Poor girl looks sad.
Ginger is the red hen is the back...

We haven't had any more water issues.  Thanks goodness.

I've been working on an afghan for my niece's daughter. My great-niece??  I think that's right.  It seems she never got a baby blanket.  I'm not sure why.  John said I did make & send one.  Not sure what happened to it.  She picked out the pattern she wanted & the colorway.  I think it came out very well.  Now to crochet some slippers that will fit her feet.

Nevaeh's blanket

Closeup of the stitches
The pattern for the slippers Dragon Scale Slippers.  I really like the look of these. I'll be using the same yarn I used in the blanket.

There's really not much else going on here the past week or so.  It's been to cold to go outside, except as absolutely necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment