Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Chicken dreams

When I had to stop working because of a back injury, I was concerned about my then husband & I... and our finances. I kept having a dream that there was a chicken living in our kitchen. Of course, there WASN'T... but I went to the library and looked up the symbol of a chicken in several traditions. It seems, in Eastern European tradition, a chicken symbolized "enough". I then understood that as long as I had a chicken in my kitchen, I'd have enough. So I went out and bought a beautiful chicken figurine for my kitchen counter. My then husband was quite pissed off by this. He considered it stupid & superstitious. And when we divorced, he made sure I took that chicken with me. I still have it in my kitchen... and I still have "enough". New, more in tune, husband. New home in the woods. Loving family. That chicken dream really made a difference.

I have lots of them now. Inside and out. People keep giving them to me.

And now that I have real, live chickens, I give eggs away. I raise chicks and give them away. I think of it as "paying it forward."
The chicken figurine I bought
Hatching out chicks in the incubator my husband made
Chicks in the brooder


No comments:

Post a Comment