Thursday, November 10, 2016

New washers.....

Several months ago, we had to buy a new washer.  The one we had was having final spin cycle issues.  And then it decided to stop filling... I guess it thought the kitchen floor needed scrubbing too.

So Josh & I headed to Sears in Ash Fat to see what they had available.  We looked at the various models. I finally decided on one, made the purchase & arranged for delivery.  They brought it by the following day.

We were surprised to discover that this particular model plays several little songs when you start the cycle & when the cycle is done.  Great.  My washer sings to me....

When we started using it, the cycle was very quiet.  This was great, because our old one was very noisy.  But as time has passed, the new machine has been getting louder and louder.  And now, it's veeeeerrrrrryyyy loud and makes a banging noise.  CRAP!!!

Now, I know why this happened.  Our washer is being recalled by Samsung.

Samsung-recalls-top-load-washing-machines

Initially, I tried to register online.  But when I tried to schedule an appointment for repair, the webpage failed.  I tried several times.  So on Monday, I called the 1-800 number and waited on hold for 20 minutes.  I eventually just hung up.  Yesterday, I tried again.  After a 15 minute wait, a nice young man helped me get registered and set an appointment.  A technician will be here next Monday to make repairs.  That's pretty fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment