Sunday, October 30, 2016

Another beautiful Sunday

Fall seems to be one hold once again.  Sure, the leaves are falling but temperatures are back in the mid 80's.  Dang, I put my sweet tea pitcher away already....

Life has been pretty low key lately.  John and Josh did some heavy duty yard clean-up with the tractor.  They moved the band saw mill and relocated the log pile.  They dug a bit deeper in the rain "relief" pit.  And they put a door on the greenhouse.  Now, I need to get to work on the inside.


I've been spinning and weaving and crocheting.  Here's my current weaving project.
Ariel's first ever weaving with 2 shuttles

Making me proud! She's only 13!

Friends Chevelle & Christa come to visit & weave.
I showed my granddaughter Ariel how to use the warping board, and she wound a 5-yard warp.  I had given her rather specific instructions on how to tie it to prevent tangles.  She isn't very attentive, so her warp twisted itself into a huge tangled mess.  So she had to wind another warp.  This warp made it over to the loom in good condition.  While sleying the reed & threading the heddles, she again lost focus.  So she had threads all crossed, out of order or broken off.  That warp also went into the burn box.  Warp number 3 actually made it onto the loom.  We got it wound on without too difficulty, and she started weaving.

Look mom! She's weaving!
She wove a dish towel for her mom before the summer visit ended.  So, I took over weaving.  I finished 3 & got them cut off the loom and hemmed.  I sent one to her other grandmother, Margaret.  And I sent one to my mom, Ariel's great grandmother.  I have several more to finish.  There are 3 wound onto the cloth beam at the moment.

My current crochet project is coming along well.  I've been working on a "crochet along" project, Mandala Madness.  My cousin's wife, Maggie, made a Facebook post about it. So I decided to do it too.  It's coming along very well.  I'm almost finished.  I post my projects on Ravelry; user name is PennyTeem.
PennyTeem


No comments:

Post a Comment