Thursday, October 27, 2016

An Autumn walk in the woods

It was nice and cool yesterday, so Cricket and I took a long walk on the west side of our property.  I started out thinking I would take some pictures of Fall colors.  I found some really interesting patches of moss and lichens together, and these really interested me.
Cricket & I start out on our walk
Continuing down the lane, heading west, through the center of our property.
Some interesting rocks & moss

Rocks & moss 

I like the color and texture of this lichens.

Interesting colors, textures & shapes

Moss & lichens... a fern too.

Great colors

How many varieties are in this picture? I have no clue

 I love the soft, feathery texture of this moss.
Small, round moss. Very compact and firm

That fathery moss again

Two different compact mosses

Interesting







No comments:

Post a Comment