Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Asus Chrome C200

Slowly, but surely, I am entering the cyberworld.

Several years ago, my laptop died.  My husband was kind enough to let me use one of his older taptops.  Now the battery on that laptop had dies.  When I upgraded to a smart phone 2 years ago, I also got a tablet for $10.  Now, that battery won't hold a charge.  And so, my step-son Josh took me to Walmart in Ash Flat to get a new tablet or laptop.

I came home with a Asus Chrome C200. Here's a link on Amazon...
Asus Chromebook with Convertible touchscreen

So, I got myself a glass of wine and started the set-up tutorial.  This laptop doesn't work quite like other's I've had before.  Every file and photo are stored "in the cloud".  Now, this is a challenge for me.  What is the "cloud"?!  Where is the "cloud".  Why do I want to store my stuff there, rather than on an internal hard drive?  Who can see my "cloud"?!  Ahhhhhh!

It's taken me some time to get all my information off the old laptop and tablet.  I've had to get my bookmarks, accounts and passwords organized.  I had to investigate how to get apps and extensions on Google Chrome.

I even challenged myself yesterday.  I took a picture on my phone, saved it to the cloud, opened it on the tablet and posted it to Ravelry.  Wow!  It actually showed up.  Isn't technology amazing?!

Thankfully my phone didn't decide to die along with all my other devices.  I would really have been challenged then!

The weather is still warm.  We had to run the air conditioner yesterday.  We'll probably have to run it again today.  We had over 3 inches of rain Thursday and Friday.  One particular bolt of lightening made all 3 of us jump!  The air conditioner made a snapping sound, and the power went out for half a minute.  Our power continued to flicker for the next few days.  I called the power company yesterday and someone came out.  He found the problem and had it fixed in 15 minutes.  No more blinking lights.


No comments:

Post a Comment