Saturday, January 25, 2014

Spending time indoors

The weather has been cold the past few days.  Since I'm spending all my time indoors, I'm working on finishing some of my knitting and crochet projects.

I finally finished my Year in Temperature scarf on Monday 1/19/14.  That was a project I'll never do again!  Too many ends!  One of the colors I picked ran out before I was done.  It was discontinued.  So I had to find a replacement - not easy!  The color I picked was very close to a color I was already using... and not to the one I needed.  Frustrating.  But, I finished the darn thing anyway.  I gave the scarf to our friend, Jerry Friend.  He loves it!

I saw that my cousin, Terry Knorr's wife Maggie was starting a new crochet project.  It's called Circle Dance.  There's a knit along group and a blog.  Very cool.  Since I need to crochet a blanket for my stepdaughter's partner Rickey I thought this would be perfect.  So I ordered the yarn from Knit Picks.com.  Knit Picks

I posted this project on Ravelry, if you're interested in following along.  My Raverly profile.  Here's the blog for this project.  Carolyn Christmas Designs: Circle Dance

Cricket and I went for a long walk yesterday.  We hadn't been walking the past few days because it was so cold.  We walked for about 2 hours.  It was only 35, but I bundled up.  She didn't seem to mind the cold, as long as we kept moving.  When I stopped, she whined and complained.  She sure is making me get in shape!

I've had Parkinson's now for 10 years...  and walking in the woods really helps!  I have to concentrate on every step.  All the rocks and downed branches/trees,  and holes make me really pay attention.  I think it's helping my gait.  I don't seem to hesitate like I was.  Or maybe it's just that moving so deliberately makes me feel less unsure.  I still can't run or jump.  But I can walk with confidence.  Once I start getting tired, I trip a lot more.  But I don't fall down like I did last summer when Ariel and I started walking in the woods.

Here's where Cricket and I have been walking.
The little pool at the bottom of the spring on the East side of the property

A cool pile of rocks on the NE side of the property
Michelle Friend, Cricket and I took a long walk on Monday morning.  Then our 2 families piled up in the living room, watched TV/You tube,  enjoyed food and conversation. I really like it when they come and visit.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying your time indoors. I must say you are more gutsy than me trying to crochet the circle afghan. It looks really complicated to me. For that reason I am looking forward to seeing how it comes out. Wishing you much success and fun.

    Also wishing you continued fun on your walks with that cutie pie dog of yours.

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Penny,
    Was wondering if you could email me at adparare@rocketmail.com My wife and I are looking at relocating to north central Arkansas and have a few questions for you that I would like to ask you offline.
    Thx Scott

    ReplyDelete