Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Permaculture

I've been doing some studying, learning about permaculture.  I have been walking around on our property with Cricket.  I think it's important to know my own land.  So far, I've found 5 different little springs.  I'm fairly sure they're "wet weather" springs, but I still want to do some improvements on them.  So, I've been digging... removing rocks, lining the "spring" with clay.  I've made 7 little pools in the closest spring so far.  Here's what I've accomplished in 3 3-hour work sessions.








It's been a week since we had rain.  So, the water you see is what is seeping out of the hill. 

For some reason, the picture of the deepest pool at the top of the hill where the spring starts didn't come out.  I'll post a one next time I'm down there.

No comments:

Post a Comment