Sunday, January 13, 2013

Seed swapping


Yesterday, I went to the Second Annual Seed Swap at Words Afterwords in Hardy.  What a great event!  Here's their link.  www.wordsafterwords.com

All together, I guess about 60 people were there.  Lots of seeds were shared.  I picked up a few new (to me) varities of tomatoes and melons from the folks at Hickory Ridge in Viola.  They're great folk.  Here's their link.  www.hickoryridgeseeds.com

I had to cut my visiting short when the thundering and wind really picked up.  I made it home just as the next round of deluge started.

When it started raining yesterday, it was 57 degrees.  We got about 4 inches of rain here at our house.  There's a flood watch for the Spring river.  I'm hoping all our friends and family that live along the rivers are staying dry.

As I'm writing this, it's 33 degrees.  Freezing rain is in the foecast for today.  Wonderful.

It was very breezy yesterday & last night.  I'm glad I got the plastic up around all the bird cages.  I don't want my poor birds to be wet and cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment