Thursday, December 3, 2020

Why I love wool... (from an admitted fiber junkie)

 I love wool!  I love the feel of it!  I love the smell of it.  I love spinning it, weaving with it, knitting with it.  I love dyeing it... I love wearing it.  Yes, I even love crocheting with it.  It's been a life-long love... ever since I got my first wool blanket eons ago.

I'm knitting socks & gloves for Christmas this year.  One pair of each got sent off to PA last month & still hasn't arrived.  The box is "in transit" somewhere in rural PA... I hope it's not lost & gone forever!

I'm on my 2nd pair of socks to go to GA to daughter & granddaughter.  Daughter's partner wants alpaca commercial socks, so those are en route to our house. Once I get the fingerless gloves done I'll get that package on the way.

As I said, I love wool.  So... I saw an ad for this merino wool dress on Facebook. Wooland  I checked it out.  Now I'm trying their 100 day dress challenge.  I'm wearing the Sofia midi-dress.  I'm on day 11 & I'm loving it!  I got the dress in navy blue...


I've laundered the dress twice.  When it first arrived and then after the first week.  I simply washed it in warm water in the kitchen sink.  I used a dab of my shampoo, then rinsed it well.  I squeezed out the excess water then hung it up to dry.  It worked well.  The fabric didn't stretch and the color didn't run.

Wool keeps you warm when it's wet... It has natural elasticity, so it has some give.  And you can wear the same garment for an extended amount of time.  I have 1 pair of wool socks that are over 10 years old.  I don't wear them all day every day, but I have been wearing them for those 10 years.


No comments:

Post a Comment