Friday, December 11, 2020

Finished up with the Christmas knitting

 Hurrah!  I'm done!  Since October, I've knitted 4 pair of socks, 2 pair of gloves & 2 hats.  I finished the last pair of finger-less gloves last night. 

I knitted a pair of socks for my niece, Tricia.  I think they came out well. 

 

Tricia's socks

I also knit a pair of shooting gloves for her husband, Patrick. This is an interesting pattern.  Basically, you make a pair of finger-less gloves, then you go back & knit a "toe" or "mitten" cover to fold back down over the fingers.  Making a mitten... Great for shooting, or general outdoors type work when it's cold.  The loop on the end is to slip over a button sewn onto the cuff.  Keeps it out of the way when you have your fingers exposed.

Shooting gloves

I mailed the package to Tricia on 11/5/20 and it still hasn't arrived yet!  I checked on the package yesterday while I was at the post office in Hardy.  I guess Tricia's package has made it to Jim Thorpe PA.  Why it went to Thorpe is beyond me... But at least the package is still moving & not lost.

I got alpaca socks from an online farm friend of mine, for our daughter's partner, Rickey.  He requested alpaca socks.  I knit daughter Tammy & granddaughter Ariel each a pair of wool socks. I also knit 2 hats for charity.

I got the sock yarn at Strings & Stitches, a great yarn store next door to the dinner Tammy works at.  They have a wonderful selection of yarns & patterns.  The owners are very helpful & full of information!




No comments:

Post a Comment