Saturday, February 17, 2018

February 15th

We're spending these mid-winter days watching YouTube... John really hasn't been feeling well.  His tremors never stop & he has a migraine almost every day.  Not good.

I try to keep him comfortable.  He doesn't eat much at meals.  He would rather eat sweets.  At least he eats something.  He drinks 2 - 3 "breakfast" drinks a day.  They have soy in them, but he seems to tolerate them well.

I had a brief stomach "flu" last week.  Chills, headache & vomited.  Thankfully, it only lasted 2 days.

I've finally finished the double knit vest I started last March.  Notice that the vest is reversible. One side of the vest is striped, with grey designs.  The other is grey with multi-colored designs.  This vest was quite a challenge.  I had to restart the work 5 times before I had the stitches cast on in the correct order.  Each row required my complete attention.
Double knit wool vest

John complained several times that my knitting was keeping me from paying attention to him when he spoke to me.  Truthfully, his voice is now so soft that I can not understand him with the TV on.  His speech is slurred. Hard to understand.  Josh has the same issue.  I know this is very frustrating for John. 

I also finished a finger woven sash for our friend Lloyd Lindley.  He was very happy with it.

This wool sash is about 7 feet long.  I'm pleased with the finished product.  It two ends match very well. 

Last Thursday (2/8) we had several ladies over.  Just to chat & knit.  I spun for about an hour.  We had a nice potluck lunch.  Barbara Skiles brought a surprise for me from her sister Betty Relph.  These little corn husk dolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment