Monday, March 27, 2017

Birthday thoughts

Today, I turn 58.  Wow!  I seriously never thought I'd get make it this far...

Not that I ever considered leaving this world.  Thankfully, I'm just not plagued by depression.  I've had my share of sad times, like after my father died. But I've always bounced back to my happy self.

I've had my share of illness and injury.  Yeah, I have Parkinson's disease.  Yeah, I have 3 blown discs in my lower back.  Yeah, I have pain in my joints...

But, I live in a good place with my family that loves me.  I have good friends.  I have sufficient income to meet all my needs.  (And not bragging here, just stating a fact) I have more income than I need.  Our home & land are paid for.  And all the vehicles are too.  No debt hangs over our heads.  Our pantry is full.  Our well never goes dry.  We have good soil, our garden grows well. Our animals are healthy, excepting Peanuts diabetes.

My extended family is large, but distant.  And that's ok.  Modern communication allows me to keep in touch with everyone.

As I sit here sipping my coffee at 5 AM, I feel blessed. Blessed with love.  Blessed with plenty.  Life is good.

My family
Friends

Extended family

 More friends

My home

No comments:

Post a Comment