Friday, June 5, 2015

Summer fun in the making

My son Joshua and I traveled to Ellijay, GA to pick up my granddaughter Ariel.  The trip there and back were uneventful (which is how I like my driving adventures).  We had a good time visiting with my daughter Tammy (Ariel's mom) and her partner Ricky, and Pete the wonder dog.  Tammy and Josh's mom Margaret spent some time with us.  That was good, because Josh hasn't seen her in a year.  We had a nice seafood meal.  Crab and shrimp.  Yummy.

We're back home in Williford now.  We had some more bantam chicks hatch out while we were gone.  I was talking to my hubby John one night on the phone and he told me "your banty hens sprouted extra legs today.  One has 8 legs and the other 10"..  And I was totally baffled by this!  "WHAT"???  "More chicks hatched out Penny."  Duh. 

So now we have 10 bantam chicks, 2 maran/RIR, and 1 cochin/RIR.  I hope they aren't all roosters!

Here's some baby chick pictures to make you smile.

A little bird has built a nest in the dashboard of our golf cart.  Tiny little speckled eggs, 3 I believe.
Ariel, Cricket and I walked down to the spring yesterday.  It rained quite heavily a few days ago.  Now we have a large oak tree down over our lane.
Our good friend, Joe Barnett and his son Matt, also cut down a dead and leaning hickory tree for us.  It was beginning to threaten our workshop.  They also brought us 2 nice cedar logs.  I see lumber and firewood in our future.




No comments:

Post a Comment