Thursday, June 5, 2014

Gardens, grandkids and crocheting

My son Joshua and I made a quick trip to East Ellijay, Georgia to pick up my granddaughter, Ariel.  She's 11 now, growing up fast!  She was 2 1/2 when John and I got together.  That first year we were together, we lived in East Ellijay.  Ariel's mom Tammy lived right next door and Josh lived next door to her.  We were all within shouting distance.  John's brother Jim and family lived a few hundred yards away.  Brother Joe and family lived across the street.  John's mom and stepdad lived just up the road.

Then we found our home in Arkansas and moved.  John had always wanted to live in Arkansas.  Tammy and Ariel came and stayed with us the first 2 trips we made out here.  Ariel came to spend the summer when she was 6 and 7.  The next 2 summers we weren't able to take her, but she's been here last year and this year.  Good memories in the making.

Who knows what we'll get into this summer.

The garden is growing, very weedy at the moment.  I spent 2 hours out there this morning and got 1 row done.  Here's what it looked like before I started.

I finished the crocheted baby afghan for my niece Tricia.  She's to have her baby in July. Raven, I believe is the name of the little one.  Now I have a birthday present to get done.

I also promised to finish a lockerhooked rug.  I enjoy making rugs.  But they do get hot and heavy after awhile!


No comments:

Post a Comment