Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A cool, foggy morning

I guess Fall is fully here.  It was 39 this morning and foggy.






Our garden looks pretty sad.  Tired.  Done.  Although the Jerusalem articokes on the right in this picture are still standing proud.  Not everything is completely done.  Our small orange bell peppers and the nasturtiums are still growing and producing.





My husband laughed at me and said "it looks like the plastic faerie has been here again"... because I put the plastic over the chicken cages.  But I knew it was going to get cold.  So, I got them covered up.





The new puppy, Cricket is really growing.  She's taller than Peanut now.  Of course, being a shorty Jack Russell standing 11 inches high, this isn't really much of an accomplishment. But, I hope Cricket doesn't get MUCH bigger.  Her mom was about knee high and dad is unknown.  So I guess she'll be whatever size she is!




So, for some entertainment this morning... I made a short video of inside my chicken house.  Not very exciting for people who don't live on a farm... but I enjoy my chickens.  I hope you do too.


1 comment: